Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would put a story up of how I found my baby boy Diesel.

My parents didn't really want another dog, but my dad always brought a free ads, he buys cheap cars and does them up, anyway every week I would look at the dog section and one week I noticed another litter of Lurchers, the ad was for a litter of 11 black and brindle puppies, for three weeks they were in the paper, and for three weeks I was pestering my parents for one, on the third week they gave up and there was a brindle boy left, we told the people that we would have him and that we would travel the 25 miles to get him when my dad comes home from his day job and pick him up for the £80 that they wanted for him.

Later after my dad had got home, and my sister was there to look after my little brothers as we didn't want them to have to travel all the way there and back, we borrowed my grampys 4 X 4 as it was better for transporting the dogs, put Honey in it so that the dogs could get to know each other on the way home and set off.

When we got there we were put straight in the back garden, where there was a pathetic looking filthy, shaking pup in the far corner, it was my Diesel, as soon as I saw him I knew I couldn't leave him there to be with this 'caring man', I asked to see the parents and the man brought out a fawn whippit and showed us a photo of a white greyhound
, I then asked if she had any problems giving birth and how come none of the pups were the same colour of the parents, and asked how come she took no notice of Diesel and he just stayed in his corner, after a while we got the truth, how the mother was a greyhound and his dad was greyhound X shepard and how he was bred for working but the mum rejected the whole litter, so he got the 11 pups for free of his mate, his whippet was ment to 'adopt' them, but she never she attacked them, so the puppies were put in the garden shed, what a start to life, a week and a half old, allready rejected and then attacked by a strange dog. The pups were left there, and when ever the whippet was allowed out for a toliet she will attack the pups again I know the whole thing about leaving BYB dogs there but I couldn't do it to this pathetic little puppy who was scared of every part of human contact besides the said that if he couldn't find him a home he would get dumped as he didn't want a dog of that cross, and the breeder didn't want him back.

He also asked if he could have Honey for breeding next time she was in season as shes what they want for working around there! We then got out there quickly, but we couldn't get Diesel with out paying the £80 for him, and when we picked him up he yelped he screamed and he struggled he wasn't being used to being handled at all, we then decided that we would put him and Honey in the back seat with me, that night a friendship between the dogs was made, a friendship that has never been tested, although Honey used to pick him up on walks and run around with him in her mouth
and a friendship was made between me and Diesel, he is so close to me, he knows when I am down or when I am happy, and he always seems to be sat next to or on me when I'm at home, although he is, protective of me and a nervous boy I think that a lot of this is due to his bad start, he was 11 weeks when he got him bless him.

He has though struggled with a lot of things, needed more time to get use to things and even a few months ago saved me from what ever would of happened when the house got broke into, I had walked down stairs and he was gaurding the living room doorway, and there was four people in the front door way, two of them left and one person started to walk towards me, and before I knew what was happening Diesel had him on the floor, and the other man left, that was such a heart breaking time as I then got told by the poilce that I could risk having him pts if the people who broke in decided that they wanted him put down, luckily they never.

Any way that is Diesel's story, how I got him, and how he got to where he is today. Sorry about it being so long, and thank you for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, thank you for sharing the story, obvisouly, you and Diesels have the unique bond to each other...have you ever wonder what is on his mind...if he can speak up?...well, i know it sounds strange - there is one person who knows pet's language and can communicate with him/her....if you curious about it, you can go check out URL: www.mrsdolito.com and there is one true story from the pet consultation follow by the link: http://www.mrsdolito.com/consultation-story/toffycomedian.html ....just let you know...that's all...thanks for sharing the story again...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow. I'm glad Diesel has a loving home now. :)
And I hate the fact that someone can have a dog pts when THEY were trying to rob you. It's ridiculous!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its long Thurrz, and thats not all of it lol, and thanks rubyred, I don't know why the criminals have a right to be able to press charges against something that they would of beem totally safe from if they wern't breaking the law, I hate it to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts