Dog Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Raw meat, organs and bones. Seeing as how you live in farm country, it may be an option for you.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
That is why you want meat and then meat meal to be the first and second ingredients. According to AAFCO
Ingredients must be listed in order of predominance by weight, on an "as formulated" basis. The ingredient that makes up the highest percentage of the total weight as it goes into the product is listed first.
I disagree with your thoughts on this. Not the factual stuff, because I stated that myself regarding the as-fed basis analysis.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Raw meat, organs and bones. Seeing as how you live in farm country, it may be an option for you.
I don't think this is suitable for us. We are kind of on the go a lot and we need the by ready for us when we go to the store. Thanks though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We bought another bag of Diamond. I will just watch out for anything fishy in the bags. There's really nothing wrong with the dogs. The diamond naturals is great and our dogs love it and are thriving on it. I just hope we don't get a recalled bags..... :-(

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You know what farmboy, if it's working for you, don't fix it! Yes, Diamond has recalls, but at least they are recalling as this is a voluntary thing. Some manufacturers would most likely just sweep it under the rug.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wellness core and Diamond natural are produced in the same plant, so if you have the same risk of a recall with either one of them. If you want a safe food I chose fromm because I had a dog die from one of the recalls in 2008. Fromm has never been recalled and they were the inventor of the distemper vaccine.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts