Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The DF Team has decided to add something new to the community; a flea market thread! Here you can sell your unwanted dog stuff, buy from others, or post a wanted add for specific gear.
If you're selling something:
  1. List where the item is from/the brand
  2. Give correct measurements and sizes
  3. State what the item retails for, and what you'd like to get from it. If you're flexible on price, please say so.
  4. Accuratly state the condition and wear of your product, and price accordingly
  5. Post 1-4 photos, ideally of the actual product but if you're unable to snap a pic then use use one from Google (just say that it's from google)
When your item(s) sell, quote your original price and say the item has sold.

If you're interested in buying:
  1. Contact the seller either via the thread or PM, and work out payment
If you're wanting something specific:
  1. Be detailed in what you want; size, color, style, ect
  2. List your price range
  3. List acceptable conditions for the product to be in (new, gently used, used)
(DF is not responsible for any issues with products, payment, ect. You assume all responsiblity;))

I'll start us off. I'm selling the following:

Bright blue floral quick release buckle collar from Hounds 2 Designs, 7-12", 1" wide. Perfect condition; Nola only wore it once. Retails for $35, selling for $20 shipped obo.

Easy Rider Sport car harness, size XS (12-18" girth). $20 new, selling for $15 shipped obo. Only tried it on once; didn't even go anywhere since it fit Nola weird.

Hilltop Leather Shop padded leash, black with ultra blue padding at the handle and silver hardware. 5 1/2' long, 5/8" wide. Practically new; the handle was too thick for my (ridiculously skinny) hands and wrists so I only used it once. It's been cleaned and conditioned twice with leather cleaner/conditioner. $35 total new, $25 shipped obo.
(snatched from their shop)

Handle color:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Terrific idea.

There are new dog transport laws in Australia now so I am scratching my theoretical beard in appreciation for that car harness!
Uuumm what does "obo" mean?? Sorry...

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Seems like a good idea, and if it gets rolling, would it make sense to make this a sub-forum, rather than just one continuous thread? If it were a sub-forum then the title of each thread would help people to find or sell items a bit better... would not require reading through the entire thread. Also, each thread could be "ended" with the statement the item was sold, or the sought item was found.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're seeing if it takes off first, Tess. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm looking for a freedom harness for Bernie. I'm planning on getting one for him but I can't for a few months still (paying off vet bills, etc, and it's not important enough to go into my savings or emergency funds, of course). No color preference. Condition doesn't matter as long as it's functioning.

I will have to measure him today or tomorrow for sizing, but if it helps he is a Collie x Rotti, 80lbs at last weigh-in and has a huge chest and neck.

Willing to pay $25-$30 including shipping.

Also looking for a dog backpack. Don't care what brand, looking for a large that would fit Bernie, or a medium for Archer. Once again, will get measurements tomorrow. No color preference, no condition preference, as long as functioning. Looking for something to help with bringing all of our supplies with us when going to the beach or the park for the day. We usually have to hike out to our spot so it helps when they can help carry stuff!

Willing to pay $30-$40, but negotiable on the backpack.

Bernie for an idea of size: 80lbs

Archer for an idea of size: 48lbs

Reactions: doodles

·
Registered
108 Posts
@Gilliandi-

I may have a pack that interests you? We haven't used it since Moose was little and we were living in NYC. It's a nice pack we were using for her therapy service training but after she failed her final test (thanks to being to excited around other people silly girl) we haven't used it. It sits high on the shoulders, has a front comfort strap, and two chest straps which is nice. The in training patches aren't sewed on. We used Velcro so we could take them off when we weren't using the pack for training purposes.

It's in good condition aside from the top yellow strap being busted (but that's not important IDEK what it does.)

It's a Medium Mountainsmith
Mountainsmith Dog Pack - Medium

Moose is about 85-90ish pounds and it fits her just fine and she's very chesty like your big boy seems to be. Let me know if it's something that might interest you! It's just one less thing I have to pack in a box if you decide you want it. I bought it new for 45 I think but I wouldn't ask more than 30+shipping for it. :)

(Moose hasn't worn it in two years and you can by her face. She's so funny though cause the second the pack goes on she turns into the most well behaved dog in the world.)

Hope this is okay. I tried to PM but my internet has been acting funny and it kept saying I wasn't allowed? Probably just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
RUFFWEAR GEAR:

Summit trex Boots gray:
2- 1.25"
2- 1.75"
$20 per pair, I understand not everyone will have a dog with uneven paw size, first pair to go gets bag they came with.

Slack line lead:
Grey $24ppd

Webmaster harness:
Xs grey $38ppd

All pieces are like new, multiple-discount for purchasing more than one item t a time. All shipped with delivery confirmation within the USA only. Please don't ask me to hold items :thumbsup: I will ship Tuesday first thing if purchased between now and then, otherwise I ship within 48hrs.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This is a wonderful idea! I'm curious though, is payment type sellers-choice type thing? I understand most people to through PayPal and when I turn 18 I'll set one up myself, but if the seller is alright with it, could direct cash be mailed? I ask because that's most likely the only way I could buy anything til I turn eighteen. Or I could see about writing a check.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
However the seller and buyer choose to work it out. :)

Reactions: Adee

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Selling Granite Gear Alpha Dog pack in green, size large. It's a little bit big for Garp. Only used it a couple times. Purchased last year. Retails for $73. Asking $50 O/BO (shipping included). In perfect condition, structurally and cosmetically.

(old picture)

You can find more product info here.

Alpha Dog Pack

·
Registered
761 Posts
This is a wonderful idea! I'm curious though, is payment type sellers-choice type thing? I understand most people to through PayPal and when I turn 18 I'll set one up myself, but if the seller is alright with it, could direct cash be mailed? I ask because that's most likely the only way I could buy anything til I turn eighteen. Or I could see about writing a check.
If you do internet banking you could do an email money transfer, which would be safer then sending cash or cheque.

PS: Awesome idea for the Flea Market!!!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Moose, I sent you a pm. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If you do internet banking you could do an email money transfer, which would be safer then sending cash or cheque.

PS: Awesome idea for the Flea Market!!!!
Currently I don't, but I will ask my bank about it. Wasn't aware you could do that :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am looking for a coat for Maggie Mae. Her chest girth is 23 inches and she is 24 inches long, built like a whippet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I love this idea! I might have some stuff to sell, I just have to look around and see what I REALLY need and what I just think I need and is sitting around cluttering up the house

1 - 20 of 106 Posts