Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little guy, (17 week old beagle), was tested positive for Roundworms on Friday and was given Drontal Plus dewormer. He took 2 pills on Saturday and takes another 2 in 3 weeks. I also had purchased Advantix for him a week before since he ended up getting fleas from someone's house but have yet to use it. I wasn't sure if it was OK to use the 2 together as I don't want to overload his system with too much within a short period of time (he also just had his 16 weeks shots a week ago Saturday). Does anyone know if giving him the Advantix now will be a bit too much for his little body or should I wait? I have done what I can to get the flea issue under control by bathing him and rinsing in vinegar, regularly washing all bedding where he sleeps and cleaning floors etc but I'm just not entirely sure they are completely gone yet.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Advantix is fatal to cats so if you have cats don't use it. I'd ask the vet if it's safe to give all that together or close together. It's a lot, although if advantix is put on the skin it's not as stressful as ingesting it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't have any problem using them together so long as you are using the correct amount for his weight. Make sure you repeat the flea treatment too and keep it up as once there are adult fleas then complete eradication from the environment can take some time even with the excellent clean up you've done

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Advantix is fatal to cats so if you have cats don't use it. I'd ask the vet if it's safe to give all that together or close together. It's a lot, although if advantix is put on the skin it's not as stressful as ingesting it.
We don't own any cats or any other animals so all good there.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That's an awful lot to throw on the system at once. I would wait on the advantix until I really need it, and titer instead of vaccinate, and it may turn out you don't need to vaccinate at all. That would take some of the toxins out of the equasion at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts