Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, if you can help. 12 days ago our 7 year old Yorkie became sick. One day 3 we took him to vet who misdiagnosed him with stomach virus. We knew that was not right so we took him back to another vet in the same office who had some thoughts and started him on some other things, but after no improvement on day 5 we took him back. She recommended we take him to Ohio State University Hosptial which we did on day 6. THey kept him two days and did a ton of tests that came back positive for meningitis as well as a low heart rate. He is on a steroid and Clindamycin. He has improved a little, is eating better, not alking in circles as much, etc. The vet was supposed to have called back after running tests for parasites, but did not call back today. My question is this, I keep reading about early detection and treatment for a full recovery. Do you think that nine days to find the cause and start meds is too long? Please any honest opinions are needed. I realize that every dog is different and nothing is for sure, but I just need to know if there was too long in finding the reason and starting treatment......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts