Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this video/documentary about puppy mills and rescuers. It's very realistic about what the puppy mill industry is, and how people are trying to change it. It's definitely worth the watch.

Reactions: Nylanat

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
That's what I am talking about. All mills should be banned, period.
If people would only stay away from Pet Shops, and cheap puppy ads.
I guess it will never end.
C~

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Watched this earlier.... it is heartbreaking, esp those horrid medical issues. Poor Lily. I posted some videos and links last year somewhere here with some other sad cases....

And I am no fan of HSUS, but it is pretty lame for those breeders on the vid to blame them for bad publicity when one look at their living conditions and auctions says it all....

·
Registered
12,237 Posts

Here's another one. Youtube has some by Inside Edition (if I recall) that are really good (and sad) as well....

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
"Dogs don't need people to be happy"
Wow, those breeders are delusional. What do they think dogs have been selectively bred for the past 10,000 years? To live with, work with, and want to be with people!

These people think food and water means being cared for. Dogs need exercise and time socializing with humans, which I very much doubt they're getting.

And then that blonde woman who tried to argue that keeping dogs in a fenced in yard is just like keeping them in tiny cages.

I just can't take them seriously. They don't even know the basics of canine care and behavior.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just cannot get over this, how can people think this is okay? Do they really have such low morals to not feel cruel treating these animals this way?

One day when the time is right and I have a good home to bring one into, I want to get another puppy mill rescue, a tough case that would most likely never find a home. (my first was a puppy mill dog, unbeknownst to me when we got him, I was uneducated and very young.) For now I will continue to get my pets from rescue, but choosing ones I can handle at the moment.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just cannot get over this, how can people think this is okay? Do they really have such low morals to not feel cruel treating these animals this way?
Well, like the blonde lady said "it's business".

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Crock, I live in the phili area, well central NJ, and they had that story on TV news, along with other "mill" story abuses.
Pa is trying to close down these horror houses by exposing them to the general public.
They did close down a few in the Lancaster Pa area. They need to keep policing and closing. Hard chore , because these people are so ruthless.
Thanks for showing these videos, a hard as they are to watch, hopefully some good will come from it.
C~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.