Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello can anybody help me with the issue of my dog drop of appetite she started leaving some last portion of meal.where she was like never use to leave any particle in her lunch box.i use to give her drools bug because of lack of Services in my city I started giving her rice and milk she enjoyed for a couple ofnl months but now she started ignoring the meal and when she eats she leaves the last portion pulling all the milk and leaving rice behind.if anyone would like to advice me about the issue or is this normal that she wants something else to eat in her meal.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
What if you were to stop the rice and milk, and feed just the dog food?

And is she losing weight or does she look healthy? Perhaps she just doesn't need the rice and milk?

Some dogs find milk hard to digest, how does her poo look?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poo is fine.she loves milk the thing is in my city since the lockdown started and when my drools got over I did not and any choice but to buy drools and honestly speaking also for to balance some little expenses and I was lets say short to buy the whole 25kg of drools this at this time.she ate nicely for like 1 and half months.what happend is with I balance the expenses and rice 25k went for more than a month than the drools.the thing is she ate nicely for 1 and half months but I know she wasn't digesting nicely.at those time I even was not giving her milk and only giving milk like alternately and sometime off for a week and it was going like that and suddenly after finishing the old sack of rice in the time of new sack of rice she started leaving the portion from it.and I started giving milk and decrease the amount of rice.her mouth was stinking too so I applied little home remedy with coriander with the food and the smelly breath was wearing off and its almost gone.and well I decreased the amount of food with milk but if I put like the way she was eating earlier at the first of rice then she leaves the rice and finishes the milk.she loves milk that for sure and my breed is saint bernard but ya will try to get the dog food.its the first time in 5 years that I had to feed her the rice because of this ongoing pandemic and scarcity of expenses.thanks for your advice though I asked my vet who use too look after her(puma) I messaged him called him the vet did not responded but while I was tying this all I just got the message back advising me to test the blood.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
I don't know what drools is. Is it a brand of dog food? And what are you feeding apart from milk and rice?

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
Maybe this is drools?
Buy Best Quality Dog & Cat Food Online at Best Prices | Drools
Sorry for linking to an unknown website, but this is what I found when I searched it up.
That's absolutely fine @JJ❤cavaliers, thank you for the link. We have no problem with people to linking legitimate websites, it's more when brand new people come online with links that we get a bit suspicious about whether they are safe or spam.

So, @Geniyash are you feeding dog food (Drools or a different brand) as well as rice and milk? What % of dog food, and what % of rice and milk makes up her diet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what drools is. Is it a brand of dog food? And what are you feeding apart from milk and rice?
Yeah its a brand of dog food check with a image I have attached below. Apart from milk I include soya nugget carrots someti
mes and supplements little orcalmin forte suspension petovitab nutricoat etc.but they are almost finish.like i said I'm unable to feed dog food at this lockdown period of covid-19 time.her poop is fine here teeth is fine abaloutely fine she just 5 years age old.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I understand now, Drools and the other dog foods aren't operating well, so that is why you feed rice and milk. I recommend you search up homemade recipes, she may want those more, and with the right recipe, you decrease the risk of a vitamin deficiency. If you want I can give suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
If you are only feeding milk and rice with soya nuggets and carrot, that really isn't sustainable. She isn't getting a complete diet and her health will suffer. Please try to get proper, complete dog food, or as @JJ❤cavaliers says, research home made but complete food for her. Do you know a butcher that could sell you cheap scraps?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Temporarily feeding milk and rice might help with some digestive tract issues. But beyond that, if you continue that diet your dog will die. It isn't giving her needed nutrients! Find a kibble you can afford, that supplies her with the correct balance of nutrients, and use that.

For those times you can't afford that, feed the dog what you have...it's all you can do.

Good luck man, I know life can sometimes be hard! Do the best you can...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts