Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog meat is the flesh and other edible parts derived from dogs. Historically, human ... Captain James Cook and his crew developed a taste for the dog, with Cook ... Islamic law bans the eating of dog meat as does the government of Morocco.

It's my own opinion.......what about think about it.

·
Super Moderator
401 Posts
This is a rather controversial subject for a dog forum where people keep dogs as pets and to many people the very idea is abhorrent. However, as many people eat other meats, it is largely a question of cultural difference provided the animal is humanely bred and slaughtered. I am bordering on deleting this thread, and am keeping it open at this stage only because I want to be impartial and not let my personal view influence my decision. But please be aware I, and the other moderators, are monitoring very closely.

·
Registered
164 Posts
quite apart from a sentimental attachment to dogs cats and other pets there are health reasons attached to eating other carnivores.it has been proved that when one carnivore eats a carnivore of a similar species parasites and other illnesses can be transmitted. This is shown in the people of New Guinea who practised cannibalism and contracted the dementia known as kuru mostly prevalent in women who ate the brain and brainstem of the other person.
in any farmed animal used for meat there are certain requirements for the health and wellbeing of that animal and the humane treatment and slaughter of said animal. In most countries that permit the eating of dog meat those health and well-being standards are simply not met.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts