Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll! My registered, health-tested Australian Cattle Dog is nearing her whelp date! We previously did an ultrasound much early in the pregnancy and saw 5 healthy heartbeats. Then yesterday (day 58 of her pregnancy) we got her x-rayed for an accurate puppy count and to make sure everything is looking normal. My reproduction vet and I counted 8 pups on the x-ray but after reexamining it later at home I think I see 9? What do you guys think? We're super excited!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh, puppies are so exciting, congrats! I see 9 on the right I think.
I know right! I'm sooo excited! :D

Glad you saw 9 too, I thought I was crazy since the vet was so confident with saying theres 8 but I keep seeing 9 in both views lol

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Congrats on the puppies! Hmm, I think I see 9, but one I"m not sure about.

You'll have to post pictures once they're born, we all love puppy pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the puppies! Hmm, I think I see 9, but one I"m not sure about.

You'll have to post pictures once they're born, we all love puppy pictures.
Thank you! I'll definitely post pics. Today is day 60 for her so they'll be coming anytime now!:D

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Oh my gosh, look at her face! Haha "get these thing outta meeee" Is this her first litter?

Reactions: yoshiposhi

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Oh poor Mama, she looks ready to pop! I have no input on the xray as the more I stared at it to try to count the more it skeeved me out. Xrays freak me out.

So do you have dad too? What's he look like? Do you have homes for the babies? Are you planning on keeping one? I wanna hear the whole story! Also would love to hear a little more about mama. She's adorable, even in her roly poly stage! Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh poor Mama, she looks ready to pop! I have no input on the xray as the more I stared at it to try to count the more it skeeved me out. Xrays freak me out.

So do you have dad too? What's he look like? Do you have homes for the babies? Are you planning on keeping one? I wanna hear the whole story! Also would love to hear a little more about mama. She's adorable, even in her roly poly stage! Lol
I don't have the dad, my friend does. He's a real nice all red Australian Cattle Dog. We're definitely keeping one! We would like to keep a red but personality is definitely our main thing as he's going to just be a family, ranch working dog. The rest of the litter already has nice ranch homes as well. We're super excited! Mom's name is Blue (so original for a blue heeler, right? :p), she's my baby. Smartest dog I've ever owned with the best temperament! She's a hard worker on the ranch too and has amazing livestock sense.

Last night she ate her dinner but this morning she wanted nothing to do with her breakfast or anything I offered her. Today would be day 62 from the first tie. Hopefully we'll have some pups sometime within the next 24 hours. Ill keep y'all posted! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Oh I bet it's awesome to have a working dog, especially cattle dogs. They have such strong work ethic! Oh a red would be awesome!

Fingers crossed you have puppies in the near future and everything goes well with the whelping.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Look at momma! She looks much happier then the previous picture! So glad to hear the whelping went well.

I just love little white cattle dog puppies! You have to keep updating so we can watch their colors develop.

So how many boys? How many girls? Any one that you have your eye on for keeping?

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Oh they are sooo cute! Congratulations!

Mom looks so relieved and happy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts