Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My dog is about a year and a half old and some sort of Staffy/lab/retriever mix (she was a rescue) and recently she has developed a really dark stomach area. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, and the skin condition isnt any different from the rest of her. I was just wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about?! I have attached an image, her skin is usually the whiter colour of the two. She was neutered at the end of November and the wee mark on her belly is part of the scar still healing (seems to be taking a very long time!)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have tried washing it off! I thought it was mud at first! Its definitely not bruising. I thought it could maybe be from the sun? But the way she lies in the sun wouldn't allow the insides of her hips to be affected. Also, we live in scotland - not a lot of sunshine here!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Merlin's stomach has spots that look very light brown and he's always had them. I think the coloring looks normal from the picture. It may just be that your dog is going through a last stage of slight color change and it's showing on her belly. I'll post a pic of Merlin's cow spos if you want haha.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I'm praying this picture isn't huge, since it's from my phone.
These are Merlin's markings. They've gotten darker since I got him at 7 weeks (he's 6 months now).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm praying this picture isn't huge, since it's from my phone.
These are Merlin's markings. They've gotten darker since I got him at 7 weeks (he's 6 months now).

awww what a cute little belly! It does look quite similar to the style of ones that are on Kaia's belly, although hers are a little lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts