Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Danika’s car puppies​
My German Shepherd female Danika was in labor during the night of February 10th/February11th, 2009. My Vet had told me that if the bitch takes longer than 2 hours to contact him. I contacted at 3.30am the clinic. Due to the distance where I live and the urgency for the dog the person on duty recommended to go to the veterinary specialty center in Tucson. I contacted them and told them that I was on the way. I arrived there at about 5am while my GSD kept having heavy contractions. Entering the clinic the nurse was more worried that I fill out the paper work and just took my dog away. My husband and I heard Danika crying and went in search for her. She was finally brought back to me. We then were asked into a room and had to wait the obligatory time before the vet came. She was so busy and couldn’t come directly. All along Danika was having one contraction after another. When the vet finally came I had to answer all over the same questions I had been asked before and I had written on the paper work. Then the lady had the courtesy and started to tell me how to feed a pregnant bitch properly. Next she told me that Danika was in early labor and she would take the dog now to do x-rays and blood work. Meanwhile Danika was standing in front of us pushing and pushing, I knew she had a puppy in the birth canal. After I realized the incompetence of this so called Vet I took my dog and decided to take the chance and drive all the way to 22nd and Swan to get to my vet. We made it around the first corner from the clinic and Danika gave birth to a male puppy in the van. I barely made it into the clinic and the room there and she gave birth to the second and the third pup. We tried to then rush the dog back home but had to stop twice on the side of the road so that Danika could give birth to two more pups. When we arrived home she had 3 boys and 2 girls.
And yes I am a breeder of GSDs, I know what I am doing and I know when there is trouble.

Here are the facts: The Veterinarian Dr Timken from the Tucson Veterinary Specialty center is absolutely incompetent. She told us that Danika was having light contractions and she wanted to make money taking x-rays and blood. The puppy was in the birth canal and she did not realize it. Giving me a lecture how to feed a pregnant dog while the dog stands in front of her pushing is outrageous.

And now I am responsible to pay the bill because I had the courtesy to walk through the door. Protesting doesn’t help, I was told I either pay or they pass it on to the collection agency. Very unfriendly people, all what counts is the money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
a collection company would not scare me. i would write a regestered letter to the vet. i would refuse to pay the bill in writting on the grounds of the vet being incompentent. if this is not a the vets personal clinic i would write the letter to the regional office and i would let them know that had your pups or bitch died you would have sued. it doesnt cost to write a letter. i had a very sick pet once, he had a blood disease. the first vet charged 500 for meds. when i got the second vet (for the blood tranfusions) they told me the meds would not do any thing to help him and that the vet would have definently known this. vets should be held to a higher standered. i posted a question about a rabies vac. not to long ago and was amazed the bad feed back i got. sorry to rant. hope your babies are great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts