Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Recently I read an article that says that dogs should not eat cabbage. It's true? My dog loved to eat cabbage and lived for over 16 years.
This is strange to me. What do you think about that?

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
I can't think of any reason why not. Mine likes it too and gets a little when we have it, both raw and cooked. As long as it is in moderation it's fine.

The only thing that really worries me is grapes (and raisins etc) because grape toxicity is not understood. The amount eaten and the size of the dog are not relevant. A small dog could eat several and be fine, a giant dog could eat one or two and go into kidney failure. I don't buy anything with grapes or raisins in case of accidents.

You will read about things like apple pips and onions being bad for dogs, and they are, but often in much larger quantities than would ever be consumed so really they pose a far lower risk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTE = "JoanneF, должность: 3636467, участник: 229428»]
Я не могу придумать причину, почему бы и нет. Моему это тоже нравится, и немного получается, когда он у нас есть, как сырой, так и приготовленный. Пока это в меру, это нормально.

Единственное, что меня действительно беспокоит - это виноград (и изюм и т. Д.), Потому что токсичность винограда не понята. Количество съеденного и размер собаки не имеют значения. Маленькая собака может есть несколько и быть здоровой, гигантская собака может съесть один или два и пойти на почечную недостаточность. Я ничего не покупаю с виноградом или изюмом в случае несчастных случаев.

Вы будете читать о таких вещах, как яблочные косточки и лук, которые вредны для собак, и это так, но часто в гораздо больших количествах, чем когда-либо потребляются, поэтому на самом деле они представляют гораздо меньший риск.
[/ QUOTE]
Собака моей подруги любила есть виноград ... И это ей не повредило

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Then she was very lucky. Like I said, it seems to affect some dogs and not others but for the ones that are affected it is fatal without veterinary intervention to flush the kidneys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts