Dog Forum banner

Daily walk 2021

14K views 146 replies 11 participants last post by  DogRun 
#1 ·
Last year we had a similar thread and I thought it might be nice to do the same this year , a place where we can share our daily adventures and have a rant at cyclists, rubbish, poo bags fails etc... All the things we encounter on our daily outings.

Please join in add photos routes planning anything you like but lets get a bit of community going, help each other along on the days when we just feel like pulling the blankets back over our heads and cheer on those with ambitious plans.

#62 ·
Hello everyone! I just found this thread. Here it is about 23 F and sunny. A few days ago it was warm without any snow and then it snowed again yesterday. I guess it was an April fools joke LOL. Tomorrow it looks like it will melt though and be in the 50s. Chaga went out today. He loves the snow, but by now he looks a little sick of it. He ran out into the woods barking and having fun anyway (he does that in every kind of weather LOL). Our crocuses are blooming, but now that they are under snow I can't take any pictures. A few days ago before it snowed again I got a picture of a peeper though:

I also got a picture of Chaga after his walk:

#72 ·
We saw chickens today! I live urban so I didn't think I'd be able to show him chickens, but there they were, 3 or 4 of them, in someone's backyard facing the park. He was so good! Watching and listening to the big birds clucking so calmly! I guess he knows by now he doesn't get to see animals on walks, so he just watches. I know I taught him that (to just watch) animals, children, people playing sports and so on, it's just amazing how well it works and I love my little social well behaved butterfly. So proud of my boy! I feel this is huge accomplishment for a mini schnauzer lol.

#77 ·
We have been having some nice walks!

The other day we ran across a woman looking for her lost orange cat. It was as if my doggie understood that, because for a few days after, she kept pointing out the stray orange cats that she saw but I couldn't. (Well, pointing out meaning she wanted to approach them, possibly not with such great intentions.) I told her she was a clever girl anyway.

#78 ·
Well we have had some lovely walks this week but the big one was at the nature reserve. We are a bit behind with in the season so I wasnt surprised when we only saw one batch of goslings ( please note the photo was taken from the other side of the canal with a zoom lens) hopefully now the weather is warming up the wildlife will catch up and we should see lots of activity next time we are there.

#82 ·
I love walking my dog. It's like if you are in a mental turmoil it's a great time to calm down and enjoy the scenery. Also, it usually gives me a chance to laugh. (like today when Chaga smelled something and made the most adorable bark/whine that sounded like GERRRUFFY.) :ROFLMAO:

#86 ·
We went to the beach! It was doggie's first time ever, and she thought it was a lot of fun -- so many interesting things to smell! She found a dried out fish carcass, and I think that must have been a new experience for her. She wasn't sure what to do with it. At the end she decided to pee on it -- always a safe bet, right?

But she was afraid of the gentle waves lapping at the shore! She could get within a few feet, but when a wave came in she always ran away. We met a nice lady who had her dog demonstrate how much fun it would be to play in the water. But my doggie was like, "You go ahead. I'll stay here!"

#88 ·
We have had some lovely walks this week . Sadly not much time for photos because we have been building at home.
But as always the good weather is bringing people out and with people comes litter... What is that, they trudge for miles with a heavy full up bottle but once its empty and light they cant carry it back to the car?

#90 ·
We drove to a small local greenspace/park today with the intent to practice using a long lead for the first time. I hooked up the long lead as a woman was walking through the feild on a diagonal angle toward us. Ozzy went to walk up, but looked back mid way as he always does before he proceeds with anything. I said "look at you, all the way over there". He looked a bit confused with all the distance beteeen us and came back to me all happy 😊. He got big reward for coming back even though I didn't cue him. (Just for the record, I wouldn't let him go up to a stranger like that, we were not that close and he still has suspicion about strangers and still is hesitant to greet people anyway). I wanted to see what he would do.

For the rest of the walk, I just used the short bungee lead, let him sniff and jogged and chased the birds a bit with him 😂 because he wasn't sniffing away from me, stayed at my side with the long lead dragging behind us in a big cresent shape! Next time I will bring a lighter long lead and try some training. For sniffing and exploring, he wants to stay by my side. It made me realize I guess we did a good job learning to walk nicely and it's pretty cute!

#91 ·
Another heat wave warning, we have to keep the walks shorter and early morning or late evening. This morning we saw a neighborhood cat. The cat cautiously crept up to Ozzy. Ozzy just stood there as the cat was slithering closer. I allowed him to take a step if he wanted, but he didn't really go too close. Once they were somewhat close, the cat hissed at Ozzy and he jumped back like half wanting to play and half scared lol! Just like when a dog barks or growls at him hahaha!

I pet the cat a bit (i'm allergic but didn't get a reaction!). Ozzy kept his distance from the cat the whole time 😂 I bet if the cat took off running, it would have been a different story, but that whole thing made me laugh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.