Dog Forum banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
We too have had some very nice walks although we were very naughty on Sunday afternoon...
There is a narrow sandy footpath next to the lake where we walk the dogs. Its clearly marked FOOTPATH and its so narrow you have trouble walking side by side.
It's popular with fishermen who sit on the little piers and fish. I have no problem with that but recently they have started opening the gate and driving their cars along the footpath so that they can park on the grass verge and use their cars as a base for all of their fishing equipment..
Of course they only do this on Sunday when there is no chance that the council will catch them and fine them...
Sunday morning was just the absolute limit, there were no less than 6 vehicles that had driven in over the grass and over the footpath to park at various spots along the lake. Not only had they unloaded all their fishing gear they were playing radios and one even had a portable barbecue with him..
When we got back to our car my husband remembered that in our emergency kit we still have a short chain and a padlock so we chained the gate shut... I hope they have to call the fire brigade to let them out.
Yes it's naughty but not as naughty as them and I hope this is enough to put them off driving over a footpath again.

·
Registered
828 Posts
We too have had some very nice walks although we were very naughty on Sunday afternoon...
There is a narrow sandy footpath next to the lake where we walk the dogs. Its clearly marked FOOTPATH and its so narrow you have trouble walking side by side.
It's popular with fishermen who sit on the little piers and fish. I have no problem with that but recently they have started opening the gate and driving their cars along the footpath so that they can park on the grass verge and use their cars as a base for all of their fishing equipment..
Of course they only do this on Sunday when there is no chance that the council will catch them and fine them...
Sunday morning was just the absolute limit, there were no less than 6 vehicles that had driven in over the grass and over the footpath to park at various spots along the lake. Not only had they unloaded all their fishing gear they were playing radios and one even had a portable barbecue with him..
When we got back to our car my husband remembered that in our emergency kit we still have a short chain and a padlock so we chained the gate shut... I hope they have to call the fire brigade to let them out.
Yes it's naughty but not as naughty as them and I hope this is enough to put them off driving over a footpath again.
Ahhhh the sound of sweet revenge as i say rubbing my fingers together😏

·
Registered
828 Posts
This is the cemetary we regularly walk to. Theres a big grass area and path and in summer we spend a hell of a lot of time in the water that surrounds it.
I took this photo today cause i laughed and thought god knows what people think of us when we park the pram in this parking spot ive designated.
If you look closely on the pram youll see what i mean.
Im so weird🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
226 Posts
The doggie and I went to get coffee today. Afterwards, we just walked around the mall during a quiet afternoon, and doggie had a good time sniffing everything. Initially she was anxious because she’d never been there before, but after a while she relaxed and explored around.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts