Dog Forum banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Thank you. It's a former open cast mine, which was being made into a country park but the developers ran out of funds. So now, there is nothing but the old tracks round it, a huge puddle (the pond) and wildlife. So, actually, a perfect country park, especially as there are no crowds of people. We only saw one runner and one family in the two hours that we spent there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Thank you. It's a former open cast mine, which was being made into a country park but the developers ran out of funds. So now, there is nothing but the old tracks round it, a huge puddle (the pond) and wildlife. So, actually, a perfect country park, especially as there are no crowds of people. We only saw one runner and one family in the two hours that we spent there.
Sounds perfect...

The problem with one of our walks its a recreational area for the town with a couple of beaches and natural swimming water as well as small play areas for children with climbing frames and such. In the summer people flock there and leave huge piles of rubbish behind them. Our town council have also given permission in recent years for a couple of music festivals to be held there ( welcome to the village and Psy-fi) the rubbish and drug paraphanalia thats left after that is horrendous.
If one good thing has come from covid lockdown its that these festivals cant take place!
But I would give my right arm for a place like you describe peace peace and more peace!

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Well, our daily walk is going to be round the garden for the next ten days. We had family in our garden yesterday - outdoors all the time, and well spaced out, but someone tested positive for COVID this morning. So, although the risk of us having contracted it is absolutely negligible, we have to isolate for ten days. No dog walking, even although it would be perfectly easy to do it really early in the morning or late, go to isolated places and and keep well away from other people. I have every respect for rules to keep people safe but I do really feel we are being asked to be unnecessarily cautious in this respect.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Well, our daily walk is going to be round the garden for the next ten days. We had family in our garden yesterday - outdoors all the time, and well spaced out, but someone tested positive for COVID this morning. So, although the risk of us having contracted it is absolutely negligible, we have to isolate for ten days. No dog walking, even although it would be perfectly easy to do it really early in the morning or late, go to isolated places and and keep well away from other people. I have every respect for rules to keep people safe but I do really feel we are being asked to be unnecessarily cautious in this respect.
Oh no..... I hope you remain safe and negative.

Maybe time for brain games and home made agility???

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Yes, we will be doing a lot of that. I've been trying to arrange a dog walker, no luck so far with people he knows already. And part of the problem is he would have to be dragged to go with a stranger so I'm not putting him through that.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Omg you poor bugger!!! That sucks big time. I hope timbers not like jesse and super focused on you with costant staring. Your laws must be different. Here if your legaly forced to self isolate its illegal for anyone to come to your house to pick up your dog for a walk.

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
It is different here but the dog walker is supposed to have no contact with us, and use their own lead. How that works in practice, I have no idea.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If i was you i would walk at the times and place you mentioned because the FACT is MOST of the covid cases are caught indoors not outdoors.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I suppose it depends on your dog and situation,, round here there is no one I could trust to walk my boys they come with instructions and people let their guard down.. But my garden is a bit Japanese inspired gravel and green plants with a water feature, ok for a quick wee but not suitable for playtime or exersize..Id be really stuck if I had to isolate.. Well isolate more than we already do !

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Unfortunately we have neighbours who would be happy to tell the authorities and we could be heavily fined. So, I'm afraid common sense isn't going to cut it.

We have a nice garden though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Our evening walk was at the same place as this morning, there wasnt much going on this morning and we didnt have any hopes this evening.. So you can imagine Im thrilled.... A bittern whos call weve heard for months flew straight past and I actually managed a photo.. Not a great one but its good enough for me!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Our evening walk was at the same place as this morning, there wasnt much going on this morning and we didnt have any hopes this evening.. So you can imagine Im thrilled.... A bittern whos call weve heard for months flew straight past and I actually managed a photo.. Not a great one but its good enough for me!
Show us photo. Im starting new thread for this

121 - 140 of 145 Posts