Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
There is some good ideas on there but to be on a dog it has to be a very durable thing. It has to be able to go through water and muck and all types of things if it were to be on my dog.

Another concern is comfort. The collar does not look like something that would feel nice around the neck. It is fancy, and for the owners who want to go high tech with their dogs it's fine.

Like Esand mentioned battery life is a pretty big deal too..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks pretty useless.

There are already light reflective collars and GPS devices for dogs which are probably still less expensive than this collar would be. A light-up collar is merely pretty. I don't see it providing any more noticeability or safety than any other collar, reflective or otherwise. If a motorist isn't paying attention enough to notice the entire dog run into the street, a collar isn't going to make a difference really.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Looks pretty useless.

There are already light reflective collars and GPS devices for dogs which are probably still less expensive than this collar would be. A light-up collar is merely pretty. I don't see it providing any more noticeability or safety than any other collar, reflective or otherwise. If a motorist isn't paying attention enough to notice the entire dog run into the street, a collar isn't going to make a difference really.
My garmin reciever and e collar cost me about $800. While its kind of apples to oranges (this collar won't work without cell coverage which makes it kind of useless in a lot of places where you'd want gps collars) gps collars aren't cheap.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh I saw this! Useless but snazzy. I would probably buy one for Cosmo if I had the money just because it looks neat and I like the fun colors. I would be a bit worried about how comfortable it is to wear. I'm assuming it's stable and durable or at least hoping so. It has to be for my rolling rumbling pup!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't think any of these features would be useless to me if implemented correctly, but I'm obsessive about data compared to most people and like to have info even if I have no immediate use for it. I could see myself buying this IF the software was good enough and IF it was sufficiently durable and comfortable. (And I mean durable when I say durable... my dog will be doing livestock work on a small farm shortly and he's a bit of a monster anyway.) LED and GPS are two things I will be getting for the dog soonish to increase his visibility to me in the dark and to make it less likely he'll ever be lost (even though his recall is quite good). Consolidation never hurt.

It's a good idea regardless in my opinion... execution would count for a lot though and I would have to wait for reviews before committing to a purchase.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not for me, but I can see the appeal!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If I had the extra money and they came in my dog's size (9'') I'd probably get one. We go hiking a lot so having a GPS collar would be nice and I like the lights. Not something I need though, just a luxury that would be cool to play with.

I agree with the concerns about durability and battery life.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i think the most of the things are pretty useless, since if you are around your dog during the day, you will noticed anyway when therE's somewthing wrong.
I'm not that much of a cellphone addict, that I'll take it anywhere just to monitor my dogs vital functions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts