Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute Pound Hound Needs A Name...Can You Help?

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  huskies 
#1 ·
Hi,

Meet my new cutie pie! He was adopted at the Fayetteville Arkansas Animal Shelter last Friday. His name given to him at the shelter is Winslow. Problem is, none in the family can remember that name without a pause and my daughter, son in law and husband don't like the name.

So I agreed to a name change, but none of us have been able to come up with any good ideas. So I thought I'd turn to where dog lovers are, and get some suggestions.

You can visit www.dustie.com/winslow.htm where I've posted 4 really cute pictures I was able to get today, and also any names that have been suggested, or you can check out the picture here and suggest a name in this thread. I'll put all the names suggested on that page and if you can't think of a name suggestion, many you could vote for one of the names that's been suggested.

Hopefully you can help us come up with a name for this darling little boy of mine.

The shelter put him on Petfinders as a Papillon mix. I posted his picture in a thread about Papillon colors and some there thought he was mostly Chihuahua. I'd love to hear your ideas about what you think he might be mixed with, as well as any name ideas.

Thanks and We are so happy to have become a part of dog forum!

Dustie Meads and No Name (Mix) and 14 year old Pierre (minature poodle).

See less See more
#3 ·
omg! he is cute! and ditto on the papillonXchi,

as far as names go... hmmm... nothing pops up....

i actually like winslow... makes me also think of wilbur, ooo with those ears, what about calling him radar? lets see, or happy? that is all i can come up with at the moment...

#4 ·
Thanks guys! I posted elsewhere too and all the votes have been for him being a pap/chi so I'm going to accept that verdict!

Fawk...I like Winslow too, but the rest of the family doesn't. I'm hoping he bond to everyone and everyone to him so I think a name is going to have to suit everyone. I like Radar too, since he can lift his ears up and down when he wants. I've added to the list of names at www.dustie.com/winslow.htm

I love your dogs coloring and the name Clover.

Paws, your terrier is a cutie too! What's his/her name?

#5 ·
While he doesn't have the markings of a Papillon, those ears are a dead give away that he is definitely part. I would say Pap/Chi mix. As for names, I thought of Gavin, Zaiden, Dante, or Jax. Really I've always felt the owner needs to come up with the name though, cause everyone has WAY diff opinions when it comes to what a "good" name is :) Anyways he is an absolute doll!

#8 ·
The first name I thought of was prince. He just looks like he should be pampered and royalty.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.