Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand you, nail cutting becomes an event surrounded by angst and drama, but luckily there’s a few easy solutions in the case of bleeding. You need to remember after you cut your dogs nail too short is to remain calm, if you panic you’ll make your dogs fear worse. Remain calm.

First use only “scissor” type clippers. Guillotine style clippers crush the toe, which is painful and never put the whole nail in a clipper.

Then i suggest you using styptic powder, it's the most efficient way to stop a dog’s nail from bleeding. To use styptic powder you can dip your dogs nail directly into the powder or use an applicator. When using an applicator such as a swab or q-tip be sure to apply moderate pressure to your dogs nail for a few minutes or until the bleeding has stopped. Styptic powder is the most popular method to stop a dog’s nail from bleeding, and they’re used by veterinarians and groomers to treat cuts and stop bleeding. They contain Benzocaine which works as a topical anesthetic to help ease the pain as well as ferric subsulfate which helps to stop bleeding.
If you don’t have any styptic powder on hand it’s not a bad idea to pick some up next time you’re at the pharmacy or pet store.

However you can find the complete Guide to cut your dog nails here: https://goo.gl/CVGYH9

I hope I was useful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.