Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm a first time puppy parent and went to trim my dog's nails for the first time. Our dog trainer showed us how to do it and it looked easy enough. I thought I was being careful to not get the quick, but unfortunately I messed up and she started bleeding a lot :( I felt like the worst person in the world! I applied pressure with a towel for a little while and then saw online somewhere to use a little cornstarch and water and that seemed to do the trick. We kept her off her feet for an hour and then let her play. It started bleeding again and we did more cornstarch and water and it stopped so we mostly kept her off her feet for the rest of the night. The next day she seemed fine and we just had a low-key morning with not too much pressure on the paw and she was fine. Then later in the day she played around a little more roughly and it started bleeding again (much less than the day before). The cornstarch works fine each time. Today (2 days since the original cut) we have had no issues, but I've been trying to keep her from digging or running around as to not irritate it further (not easy to do with a puppy!). Should I go to the vet to get it looked at? Continue to not let her play too much? She's teething so I think any sort of wrapping or covering around the foot wouldn't go so well. Any advice is appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.