Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our about 7 yr female shih tzu has symptoms and no d's from vet yet. Symptoms are maybe extra hunger ( tho feed her limited amt bc a little heavy), not extra thirsty, SLOWER moving, labs: slightly higher ALP 48 U/L, MPV 12.1.
And I've noticed alarming episodes of blindness, tho vet didn't see much wrong there at THAT moment of appt. ? Within one week she developed little bumps mostly on her back, non itchy, that have crusted but not gone. Maybe more sensitive to sudden noises. Anyone else's dog show these symptoms?

·
Registered
368 Posts
pretty vague symptoms and certainly not pointing towards Cushings (always marked thirst with that condition)... and always moderately to severely elevated liver enzymes (particularly alkaline Phos)... no idea what MPV is (not something we test for, at least not under that acronym). Blindness episodes, if true lack of vision, certainly would not be typical, either. Bumps on back could be dozens of dermatologic conditions. A brief history of sensitivity to sounds, slower moving and 'blindness' (staring into space) are common marijuana toxicity signs, but usually abate by 24 hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no exposure to marijuana!
Another visit to vet and I asked to tt dr directly instead of thru the tech. (Liver enzymes are higher, but wants to wait longer to test again and compare). I was especially wanting assurance she wasn't in pain! Dr said slowness might be bc of bad patella. And she explained the sclerosis, crystals, catarac type vision situation. Said it might worsen slowly or could even get worse overnight (gel hardening). She's not so sure its Cushing either. Extra hungry, but not noticeable thirst. Sorry if I do the vet a disservice not repeating her explanation well.
(My hubby also in ICU, so I'm in overload.) So glad dog not in actual pain! Treating her even more preciously and doing what vet said. Thanks for comments!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts