Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird question.

Echo's adult fur is coming through which is awesome but it's causing 'Waves' along her back, like the finger wave hairstyle. I was just wondering if this could mean she'll end up with curly fur?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think its uncommon for a bit of wave. Maybe @Shandula will know.
Sawyer (he's an aussie but they have similar coat) has something like that ,slightly similar. There not very pronounced waves on his back or anything but I think its a combination of hair length and thickness.
Do you have a picture for reference?, Would you happen to know what her parents coat type looks like? I think it might be one of those wait and see kind of things. As she grows it might get more wavy or just stay a bit wavy.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Thanks for the mention @Sabina88!

Heidi's coat has gone through so many changes, at one point I thought for sure she might be a smooth because she had so little hair. Here is her progression to give you some ideas:

The first two are from when she's about 4 months old and had almost no coat - look at her skinny little tail!

Then there is one where her coat was crazy curly, and finally the last one is from about a month ago when we were at Clicker Expo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Her parents have straight coats. Heidi has the same thing going on in the first shot, she is such a lovely pup. Here's the best one I got of her back. She's so big now!

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
@Chas - She is so big! It looks like she'll be bigger than Heidi. Poor Heidi, everyone asks if she is a mini. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can blow dry their backs straight..just point a hair dryer in the right direction while brushing.. kind of like what you might do for your own hair.

BC will be my next dog. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts