Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just adopted our new puppy today. She is 14 weeks old and my oldest son and I both fell in love instantly! She is such a cuddle bug and has an awesome personality. The shelter says lab mix but she seems pretty small to be a lab mix since she is 9 pounds at 14 weeks old. To me she looks like she might be a beagle mix but would love some input. I will post more pics when she gets home tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I've seen a JRT-mix that looked similiar.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lab/Beagle mix was my first thought, but Beagle/JRT wouldn't surprise me either. Her weight is about right for something Beagle in size, too (for reference, our yellow Lab was 10 pounds at 8 weeks). She's cute.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I definitely agree on the beagle jack Russell mix. She is settling in nicely and my son and her are inseparable already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lab/Beagle mix was my first thought, but Beagle/JRT wouldn't surprise me either. Her weight is about right for something Beagle in size, too (for reference, our yellow Lab was 10 pounds at 8 weeks). She's cute.
Yeah that is why I though she may be a little to small to be a lab mix! Thank you for your input!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.