Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! new here...
We adopted Mika at the end of July from a rescue that helps animals from out of state and they said she is a German Shepherd Mix.
She was a surrender to animal control with 2 of her sisters, and we were informed that the people who surrendered them could not keep all of the puppies. She is a very smart and sweet girl. They assumed she was 9-10 weeks when we got her. One of her sisters was all brindle colored with fully pricked ears, the other was a lighter version with almost gray eyes. She is very active and friendly.
We have been socializing her as much as possible. She is a bit annoying to our Chihuahua sometimes and chases the cats a little, but isn't aggressive. I believe she is around 4 months old and weighs about 25-30 pounds.
We are just curious to see what any other opinions are about her mix.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have to agree. German Shepherd mix is often a generic thing said about most brown mutts but she definitely looks like she legit has majority GSD in her.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would agree she's likely at least half German Shepherd.

For the other part- since you mention a sibling being brindle, and given the ear shape, I'm thinking perhaps Plott Hound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

Wow that other one does look a lot like her. And I looked at the plott hound photos and information. It sure is a good guess. She does also have webbed feet. When people ask, we usually say she is a Shepherd Mix. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful dog! My dog looks like a black lab, but we were told "Lab/Shepherd/Husky" mix. We finally did a DNA test, and she is just pure retriever mixes. I would suggest doing one of those, they are pretty neat!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mika is so adorable! Shepherd and maybe lab? Brindle though, who knows! If you do a DNA test I would love to see the results :)

My "Golden Mix" is 1/4 Weimaraner, Lab, Treeing Walker Coonhound and 1/4 unidentifiable according to his test. So fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts