Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Two Very Very Mischeaveus Dogs, They Are Smart Enough To Act Stupid. Well The Other Day I Was Taking A Shower And When I Got Out My Dog Had Obviously Gotten Into Something, Now I Wait For Someone Else To Wake Up Before I Shower, And It Just So Happened To Be My Sisters, So I Make Sure Someone Is With Them, Anyway My Dog Got Into Something Very Sticky, It Was All Over Her. So I Bathed Her, When It Comes To Bathing She Hates It Enough And Will Do Anything To Avoid It. She Does Not Tolerate Anything Near Her Face When Being Bathed So I Couldnt Get The Crap Off Of Her Face(Around Mouth) Well I Though It Would Come Off On Its Ow And Today It Still Didn't So I Tried Getting It Off. I Found Out That Getting IT Off Takes SKin With And She Started Bleeding, The Stuff Is Like Glue. Anyone Know How To Get It Off, Without Having To Cause Bleeding, She Wasnt In Any Pain When I Took The Skin By Accident. Just Need It Off, It Is Bothering Her. As To What It Is, I Believe It Was Oatmeal And Peanut Butter Mix(My Sisters Eat That).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It Is Something Stuck, You Can Feel It On Her Fur, She Has Been Picking More, The Bottom Is Getting Increasingly Scabbed And Is Bleeding More.

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
Have you tried removing the matter and then cleaning the area with a wet cloth? Once you've done that, put a cone around her head so that she can't keep picking it and and making it worse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@SusanLynn I Tried Cleaning It, When It Was First Notice, We Have Also Tried Baby Wipes Before The Scabbing, I Can Try Bathing Her Again, But It Might Have To Involve Peeling It Off, Which Would Be One Of The Last Resorts, Because Her Brother Always Licks Her Wounds, And We Don't Want Him To Give Her An Infection. She Has Had Wounds Before, It Was One Of The Very Few Times Her And Her Brother Had Gotten Into An Actually Fight. After I Intervened And Got My Fair Share Of Bite Marks(They Were Not Trying To Get Me, Both Felt Guilty I Am Pretty Sure) I Noticed A Chunk Taken Out Of Her And Her Brother Would Not Stop Licking It. We Are Afraid As We Were Then, That She Would Get An Infection. But If Bathing Her And Getting It Off Her Stops Her From Picking, We Will Work With Max To Prevent Him From Licking, And Maybe Make Something To Protect Her Wounds When She Is Out. Also Is There Like Any Type Of Cream That We Can Put On It Like Neosporin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:
It Went Away About A Week After She Got It. We Beleive Whatever She Got Into Caused A Fungal Infection. In The End There Were Still Some Spots That Would Cause Bleeding, Which We Avoided, But 90% Of It Would Just Turn To Dust If We Stroked It. Sorry For Taking So Long To Update This.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts