Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, just wondered has anyone ever seen or had a ( shar-pei x basset hound x staffordshire bull terrier ) ive seen a shar pei x basset hound and a staffy x shar pei but not all together.! would like to know what they'd look like x we may have some on the way ! :):eyeroll:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Never seen one. Mixes can favor one more than the other, or you can see all characteristics in there. I'm hoping this wasn't an intentionsl breeding? You can have her spayed.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if it is very early in the pregnancy you can still spay the dog. I don't know how healthy that is for the dog so i'm not advocating it...just telling you it could be an option.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yes it should be early enough...you may need to call the vet and see if they can squeeze you in unless you intend to keep the puppies. I thought about breeding my dog at some point but honestly it just seems too messy for me to keep up with and I did not want the emotional burden of finding a good home if there was more than 1 pup..and there usually are more than 1 unfortunately for me :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yes, spaying when bred isn't the best choice. However with risks of pregnancy and delivery, then the outcome of many oops litters, its definitely a consideration I would make.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah well the bitch is our friends and we have the dog so its up to her ( lucky for us lol! ) but she is more basset than shar pei , so puppies may not look to bad. ive googled pics of shar-pei x staffy and thye look ok but nothing on a basset x staffy haha :/

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well hopefully they plan on spaying the female, and you plan on neutering your male. If not, being much more responsible to avoid letting breedings happen would be a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no need to be funny about it, we do have common sense now to not let them near each other again, so no we arent having our dog done. if she decides to keep the puppies thats up to her. if not she will take to vets after calling him today.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Knowing that your dog has accidently created an unwanted litter...why would you risk it happening again? Please think about nuetering him to avoid future unwanted litters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like i said we have common sense to not let them together again! i asked for advice not your picky little comments. the bitch doesnt live with the dog. they at completely separate houses!!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why did they send their dog to a friend with a male dog when she was in heat? I have only had boy dogs so I have no idea what the "in heat" thing is about and I probably wouldn't know better. Let us know what your friend decides :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no they been friends for month these two dogs and she normally nibbles at him and he runs off! but this time he obviously got away with it! DLo'' if you look up the friends you'll notice that i put its my friends dog and they wont be seeing each other again. so try reading the thread before you put an uneedy comment, thankyou

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't think it is going to be very easy for you to find homes for a cross like that. I would really talk to your friend about her spaying her dog, as it would really be in the best interest of all involved.

So you really didn't think that putting intact male and female dogs together would not create unwanted puppies? And you weren't watching them when they were together? Or did not try to separate them? Or did you want puppies from this? I just can't people would be that "silly" to put them together and not watch, unless you really did want them to breed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shes spaying her. happy now? thanks all for your uneeded comments!!!! think 'marbear' was the only decent person on here. if you dont like something and cant be nice . dont comment?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ellendebbage, the unneeded comments are due to irresponsible owners letting their dogs breed. Accidentally letting dogs breed lead to many dogs euthanised, and frankly, I'm tired of seeing puppies die because someone takes it as lightly as you. If you post here and it seems uneducated, then people will attempt to educate you to try to prevent unwanted dogs meeting the same fate as many shelter dogs do, since its so easily prevented in the first place.

Many people choose to keep their dogs intact, and they are responsible enough to prevent accidental breedings.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 21 Posts