Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ha-ha-ha!
Actually I have never done that, and my dogs are good about the trash, but my CAT on the other hand.........
Thanks for the idea, although of course it wouldn't be any challenge for the cat, unfortunately. I have to keep the bathroom door closed.
:)

·
Administrator
1,146 Posts
:D Let's just say my recycling bin is still on top of the microwave and for years, the rubbish/trash bin was on top of the kitchen counter.

Reactions: SusieK

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yes my recycling bin is up on the countertop and my fridge is actually up at eye level handy but due to a previous dog who would just help himself from the fridge when it sat on the floor..

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't know how, but my pup won't take something out there recycling bin unless I give it to him to rip apart. I made a trash bin decoy out of a trimmed juice container and packed it with TP rolls. It works! He just takes the decoy to play with and leaves the bin. I also make sure it stays fairly empty so as not to entice him.

Maybe also because he's allowed to rip stuff up when I give him something, I chase him around with his toys, no need to go stealing things.
Idk, it works!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great idea! I have given Gretta toilet paper rolls from that garbage can so I probably set up the problem myself. 🤪

Speaking of paper toys. Gretta ends up actually eating them instead of just tearing them apart so I stopped giving them. Is that right thing to do?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Great idea! I have given Gretta toilet paper rolls from that garbage can so I probably set up the problem myself. 🤪

Speaking of paper toys. Gretta ends up actually eating them instead of just tearing them apart so I stopped giving them. Is that right thing to do?
Yeah probably if she is actually ingesting a lot of it. I used to rip up flyers with him, like pull the paper when it's in his mouth and say "rip!". Then I'd throw away the ripped pieces like I was supposed to. Now when he rips pieces off, he'll throw them (flip them away with his snout).

As Joanne mentioned, there are so many models of snuffle mats, all different sizes, all different prices, I'm sure you'll find something interesting for Gretta. My pup loves his sunflower snuffle mat, goes to get it when I ask if he's hungry lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts