Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I mentioned that last November my husband was walking Betsy through our local churchyard, there was a young woman there disposing of her doggy do bag when her Jack Russell slipped his lead & came after Betsy, poor girl rolled over submissively & he bit her belly :( meanwhile his lead wrapped around my husbands feet & he fell, hitting his face on the ground, Betsy had run off, but stayed hiding behind a gravestone (bless her) the owner of the JRT grabbed her dog & ran off leaving my husband bleeding on the floor! :confused: Now, since then I have seen her a few times & her dog is now muzzled (I have reports that he has tried to attack other dogs before he was muzzled) She is rude, never apologises & looks at other dog owners like they are the problem.
So, yesterday I see her walking towards me & Betsy (I just happened to have my neighbours 2 year old daughter with me also) her dog was muzzled & on a long lead, I tightened Betsy's lead up, held the child's hand & stood back to let her & her freaking dog pass, she on the other hand didn't tighten up the lead & the JRT lunged at Betsy, while wrapping it's lead around me & knocking the child over!! I was steaming at this point & lost it, started shreeking at her, to which she replies 'well, he has a muzzle!' Like that makes a difference!! Just because her dog wears a muzzle doesn't give him carte blanche to run over & terrorise my dog!!!!! I'm hoping my outburst may make her think twice about her behaviour (at the end of the day she's in charge of the dog, so I have to blame her, not him) Rant over - phew!!!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Say it with me folks, say it with me.... Reactive dogs and long leads do not mix, unless the dog is in an area he has to himself.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, and Betsy. I don't blame you for going off on the foolish owner.

I do have a long lead for my reactive boy, but we only use it when I'm out in front of my house and no one is around, or in a large field where no one is nearby. Why people use them and let their dog run up to strangers and their dogs is beyond me.

Reactions: JudyG

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I read the title crazy dog, crazy owner and immediately thought of about 99% of the population of my area! So sorry this happened to you and poor Betsy! Hope she's okay.

Reminds me of this man at my local park, aggressive Staffy who he lets off lead when other dogs are 'far away'. It's not exactly the best park for anticipating other dogs coming. So a client of mine was walking her two dogs when this aggressive one comes flying out of the trees and attacks her little Staffy girl. Few small bites nothing serious.

So a week later I'm out with Buster, can see a person and a dog around 3 football pitches away so I'm not really concerned. Should've been, this dog sprints the entire way across the park to get to Buster, luckily I'd just taught him to jump into my arms to he jumps up I toss some hot dog on the ground and slip a lead round the dogs neck. Put Buster down and into a down, stay and walked away to take this dog back to his owner, who is sauntering over to me.

He eventually gets to me and before he can even open his big stupid mouth I cut him off with 'keep your dog on a lead, he has no recall and is aggressive to other dogs, I already have one complaint of your dog attacking one of my clients and nearly had a repeat with my own dog, if I see you out with the dog off a lead again I will be calling the dog warden'

Safe to say I've never seen it off the lead since. It constant where I live, idiots who don't have a clue how to look after their dogs, it's tragic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.