Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, we are currently crate training our 9 week old puppy. I've read conflicting info about how often she should be in the crate.I know to take her out every 2-3 hours, but how often should shebe in there?
Does any one have any crate training schedules as an example? I know all dogs are different, I just need some ideas :)
I am home during the day most days to let her in/out of the crate as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have a 12 week old lab puppy and we have been putting him in the crate 2-3 times per day. I usually take him out of the crate for a early morning potty break around 6 then put him back in till 8. Then we put him back in around noon and he's in there for about an hour and a half and then we put him in the crate when we eat dinner and he's in there for about 45 minutes. And then he goes back in for bed at 11ish. He seems to do well with this schedule and sees his crate as a place he goes to relax/nap.

I hope this helped a little.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there- we have a 12 week old puppy and I just posted my crate schedule for him. He goes in the crate for at least 2 long stints during the day- the am and the afternoon. he is in a playpen while we eat (near us) so he snoozes during dinner. Then he goes to bed at 10. (in the crate) and sleeps until I get him up at 7. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.