Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive started to crate train my new puppy. It's not going bad but she does whine and howl for awhilw when i put her in, natutally shes a pup and wants to be around me and my other dog. But she will eventually quite down and either sleep or lie there. However i noticed that when i have my other dog in her crate and i put the puppy in her respected crate (both crates are in the same room) she does not cry or howl at all. Should i continue to do this as part of crate training or am i helping the development of separation anxiety? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My older dog no longer stays in the crate at night. She has earned my trust to not destroy anything. However she does go in when i have to leave the house for a couple hours. As far as my new pup i almost never have them in the crate at the same time, unless im leaving the house.
I was just curious as it seems she does not make a peep if they're both in the crate.
As far as my older dog, she is completely crate trained she makes no noises while in the crate and when i say " go in the crate" she walks in and plops down.
I will definitely give that a try with the food!

Next question about crate training. When is it time to move up to a bigger size. Shes currentlt about 15lbs and is in a med. However on black Friday, tractor supply had a 50% off deal so i bought the extra large crate. At what point ahould i transition?
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.