Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. A question you've probably read a many number of times.

Could anyone steer me in the direction of what breed my dog is? She's getting old now, in fact, she's on deaths door and it would give me some comfort to know a little bit more about her - with the help of your expertise.

I hope this attachment works.

Kindly, David.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Looks like a border collie to me, possibly mixed with something. The ears, the face, all scream border collie. Very cute

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. The breeds nova scotia and austrian shephard were mentioned many years ago but I don't know how far off the mark these are. Does her brown coat suggest the mix? as aren't border collies usually black and white?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Thank you for your reply. The breeds nova scotia and austrian shephard were mentioned many years ago but I don't know how far off the mark these are. Does her brown coat suggest the mix? as aren't border collies usually black and white?
Geez I was sitting here (while just starting my morning coffee lol) what is that sheph dog that it also looks like...AUSTRALIAN SHEPH, Yes this could be it too. I dont think its duck toller (nova scotia) personally.

Anywho there are brown border collies but they are typically brown and white, your dog has a couple different colors in it. I was thinking a possible mix between golden retriever and border collie because of the very thick looking coat. Its hard to tell LOL definitely either border collie or australian sheph, both, or one of those mixed with something else. Either way your dog is super super adorable!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input guys. Sacha died peacefully in her sleep last night.

R.I.P.

Thanks again, David.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that David, my heart goes out to you.

Sacha was a very beautiful girl!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts