Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.5-month-old puppy is teething and her gums are very swollen. She is known to have diarrhea when she's stressed, and she had one episode of that last night. I gave her some Kaopectate before bed, and the diarrhea has cleared up.

She played normally at the dog park this morning, but has been a bit quieter than usual all day today. She's also not eating like she usually does. Normally, she pounces on her food, but she's eating half of it, then ignoring the other half for an hour or two.

I recently started adding salmon oil to her food because she has dry skin, so it might be that she doesn't like it? Or maybe it's a combination of the stress from the teething and the new food additive? Either way, I'm keeping an eye on her because she's not typically this quiet.

Does this sound like it could just be intense teething pain causing some upset?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Teething can cause them to run a fever, usually low grade, and feel crappy, but it couldn't hurt to at least have a conversation with your Vet to get his or her take on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She turned into a holy terror last night at sundown. She tore around the yard, ripping through the landscaping and chewing on anything she could get her mouth on.

When she gets like that, I can't catch her. grabbing her by the collar is like being stuck in a washing machine full of razor blades going at high speed. Hopefully those choppers will come in fast and she will move back into sweet girl mode.

She ate her dinner well enough, but only half her breakfast again this morning. I think she's getting another big one in the back of her mouth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts