Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound daft, but has anyone had a similar experience:-

I have a male akita, he's a wonderful companion and good as gold, a friend of mine has a female bedlington terrier (Molly) who is lovely too, they get on great, play for hours when we are out walking. Just recently he has gotten very fond of her, she cannot have babies so there is no worries there. However, when we part company my boy (Bonno) gets very anxious and whines for a while, then starts licking his willy. While he is playing with Molly, I noticed once he rolled over and she licked him there too. Since then a few times I have come downstairs early in the morning and found him pacing round the living room then licking himself, he is fully erect and quietly whining. Before we met Molly, early in the morning before walkies I let him outside in the garden and he'd have a long wee. Just lately he won't go outside for quite a while and I find him licking himself, then eventually he will go and wee. I know men cannot wee with an erection, could it be the same with dogs? He is healthy in himself and usually cannot wait to see Molly dog. I think he is in love, they are wonderful together but I hate to think of him miserable when she isn't around. He also is in no pain when he does wee, so I dont think there is any infection there, I will certainly be talking to the vet, just wondered if any of you guys have come accross a similar thing with your pets.

Kind regards.

Del x

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I would get him fixed...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not sure if this was a serious post, but no I don't believe he is in love with this dog. Dogs don't see things the same way humans do, and I'm even unsure if humans are capable of love sometimes. Anyways, like Cali said he is probably acting this way especially if he is still intact. He may possibly be "frustrated" and if he is at least a year old it might be a good idea to get him neutered unless he is going to be having litters or shown in events. Also, some neutered males will still have the occasional "red wee wee" showing... it's just a boy thing.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I don't know if this is a serious post either LOL
But I'm the wrong person to offer an opinion about this
because I'm a hopeless romantic and believe just about
anyone or anything can love/care for or have a deep attachment for someone. Maybe not exactly in the way that
humans do but still "love" in regards to their actions.

On a more serious note. How do you know there is no infection and nothing medically wrong with him?

My only male will hump a sock puppet if given the chance
but he doesn't clean his junk when he's excited, depressed, anxious etc....He does growl and bark at his stuff when it makes an appearance......I think he's "touched" in the head tho....lol
Ya gotta love em'

I'm sure your vet can get to the bottom of what's troubling him. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies, dont know why you would think my post is not a serious post though!

Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar doggy thing thats all!

If anyone is interested, I will let you know what the vet says after 5.30 today.

·
Banned
323 Posts
What did the vet say?

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have noticed males licking their parts when excited in that way! so i would imagine it's normal

if you're not going to breed from him, it is in his best interest (and it is fairer to him-males get frustrated unless they can mate when they are intact) for you to have him neutered.

i don't believe dogs can fall in love. but as he sees her so often he obviousy is fond of her!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vet advised what I thought she would, to have him neutered, for his own good that is what we are doing, my Sean cringed a bit but he agreed its best for poor Bonno, just hope he will be just as friendly and happy with Molly dog his best friend :-(

Pawsforthought, that is a lovely photo on your profile, I must get Bonno on mine.

Thanks for all your replies, apart from the ones who didnt believe my thread !!

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks Delphinia! yes you must get Bonno in your avatar!!

good luck with getting Bonno neutered, i'm sure he'll be fine and will still get on just as well with his best friend!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.