Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted behr a few months ago from a woman who had posted him on Facebook. He is now roughly 6 1/2 months old and weighs 45+ pounds. She informed that the father was Rottweiler, but I'm guessing she could be wrong. Could anyone give me their best guess as to what he looks like/could be? Any information would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i wouldn't necessarily rule out the Rottweiler.
Rotti/Schäfi or Rotti/Leonberger mix could be totally possible.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Looks like a leonberger but is way too small at 45 lbs! How do they know what the father is but not the mother? Most people would know the mother for sure since they can see the puppies with her.

Maybe part chow chow?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
he's only half a year old, I'm pretty sure he'll fill out a bit.
I think for a male rotti 25-35 kg would be okay in that age, so he'd be pretty light...if there's Schäfi in there (which i think is pretty likely, because they so common) it could be kinda alright though.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
he's only half a year old, I'm pretty sure he'll fill out a bit.
I think for a male rotti 25-35 kg would be okay in that age, so he'd be pretty light...if there's Schäfi in there (which i think is pretty likely, because they so common) it could be kinda alright though.

I missed that! I thought I had clicked on the thread about the three year old dog!

Still can't see him filling out to be big enough for a rottie x leonberger mix but maybe you're right about the shepherd. Or maybe there's a smaller breed in the mix as well. Still think chow is a possibility too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the insight everyone. He's very docile but can be shy to strangers. Webbed feet so he LOVES water. I also thought German shepherd.!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was just dropped off at the woman's home so that's all the info she could give me. Just googled leonburger and the coat(s) colors are spot on. Have gotten that he looks part chow chow a ton from different people.

·
Registered
880 Posts
He looks like a
Caucasian Mountain Dog, know he is not but kind of funny that he looks like it. A Chow Chow/German Shepherd Mix looks similar to both a
Caucasian Mountain Dog and a L​
eonburger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts