Dog Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well we are into our second or is it third week of social distancing and (intelligent) lockdowns..
How is everyone coping?

I have to say here our lives havent changed much. Because our 'lockdown'is still a bit more relaxed than some places with the govt asking people to use common sense and stay local but enjoy a walk, we have been able to go out with the dogs as normal. Some of our trips to nature reserves have been put on hold because they are 15-25 miles away .

The social distancing doesnt bother me one bit nor does the staying home unless necessary bit. Going to the shops once a week is fine and even that gives me stomach ache.

Last night a strange thing happened though, our front doorbell rang (strange in itself) and there was my neighbour from across the road and 4 houses down...He had placed a bunch of tulips at my door and from the safety of the gate he explained that on his way home from work he had stopped at one of the growers, filled his car with flowers and he was giving a bunch to everyone in the street to cheer them up.. A nice gesture even though it did feel weird accepting flowers from a man Ive only spoken to about 6 times in 20 years!

I know there are lots of acts of kindness going on but will they really last? I doubt it, as life returns to normal and the dog eat dog world (no pun intended) gets back on its feet I think people will return to their old selfish and self obsessed behaviour. So if you enjoy all the camaraderie make the most of it now before its gone.

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
I have noticed people are being nicer - from a distance - too. It's as though in a way isolation has made people more appreciative and thoughtful. And it is a good thing. I hope it lasts, like you I have my doubts.

But I love what your neighbour did. Maybe I will commit to a random act of kindness at least once a week as a legacy from this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a bit late on this Thread but a good question!

I have been laid off (am a yoga instructor so definitely no yoga classes in-person) so have actually started an online business doing free daily online yoga classes with my dogs 💕🐶🐶

It's been fun to do for the dog owner/lover community and it making everyone have a good laugh.

It's nice to have something positive come out of all this craziness while we're stuck at home.

We've actually fostered a dog right now which we've never done before - LOTS of work but very much worthwhile.

Arlo is loving all the extra walks and treats at home so 2020 is definitely the best year ever for the dogs.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts