Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I started having some allergy issues, unusual for me. I now have a total of 4 HEPA filters, the difference in air quality is amazing. I try to brush the dogs frequently outside, but of course there is always going to be some hair. I have a good vacuum but it is on the heavier side and corded.
I decided to try a Shark Navigator, I had heard good things about them. I found an inexpensive preowned one on Ebay.
It's amazing. I've never had a cordless vac before, and the Shark is lightweight and gave me around 20 minutes of vacuuming on one charge, enough to do everything except the large upstairs attic room and the dogs don't go up there anyway.
It will not replace a regular vac if you have carpet/rugs- I have some area rugs and the corded vac has stronger suction. But the Shark is so easy you can vac the whole house twice a day and it only takes a few minutes each time, and it gets all of those light colored dog hairs that you can't really see (one of my dogs is reddish and her hair on the oak floors isn't easy to see).
I don't know if this is in the right place, it isn't really a dog product, but I wanted to say something as the combination of HEPA air filters and the Shark vac has made the stuffiness and sniffles I had go away, so the combo might help others with similar issues.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I LOVE my Shark! Mines not cordless, but its awesome. I had the Navigator first when it CE out, now I have the professional. Its really lighter than you would think, but not like a cordless I'm sure.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just got the Dyson Cordless. Gamechanger! Oh my goodness I love this vacuum. I think it has 30 minutes of charge and it's so light and easy, no cords.

I think it could help with allergies because you would be more likely to give the main living spaces a quick vacuum with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts