Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking Bubby today in the dog park, ohh and I have another story Im gonna post in a different forum topic thinggy lol, and I got several hints that Bubby had somesort of hound in him. Well, he almost always has his nose on the ground, and about three people asked me if he had coon hound in him. Im like, wtd? He may keep his nose on the ground almost all the time, but thats the lab in him right ?
Heres more pics...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6plpqw&s=3

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yeah he has a deep chest like one, but the ears :/ He has little short wierd crazy ears that look like lab/pitbull, and the coon hounds have long droopy ears.

Heres a pic of him thats a little closer :/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh, I forgot to mention, he has wobblers decease (sorry for my spelling its late and I cant think). I dont know if that only occurs in some breeds or what :p

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Ohh, I forgot to mention, he has wobblers decease (sorry for my spelling its late and I cant think). I dont know if that only occurs in some breeds or what :p
yeah, it does...but I don't think hes a dachshund LOL.

I don't know, I've met two coon hounds and they were enormous...you are in the right part of the country to find one tho.

I still vote lab/pit :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
a lab will scent just like a hound. to me he looks more lab like. my girl is a hound and she weighs in at 95lbs right now. If he like to scent you should try some tracking with him i know my girls love to "find" things

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wobblers is common in dobermans too. In some of the photos, particularly your profile pic, he looks like he could have some dobe in him. My chihuahua walks nose down, hound style too, so i don't think that necessarily means he has hound in him.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive also been thinking a little german shepherd, like, a pitbull/german shepherd dad and a purebred black lab mom. But...after seeing the posts on Kelpies, Im thinking more of a kelpie. I know he has some herding in him, just by the way he acts around Cody (my baby brother). He actually tries to herd him 0-0.

Okay here are some kelpies. Umm Im mainly looking at his chest, and his ears.

And heres some new pictures of Bubby. I tried to get his ears and chest in good view.

^^ this one pic was when I got Lilly, but when my friend was pet-sitting she got out and go hit by a car....Bubby was only...5 months in this pic?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I personally think the pic under your name <~~~ is the best pic showing his facial features and I still only see lab/pit possibly shar pei but thats it. He has more of a wide muzzle

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I dont know why I want to know so bad...I could really care less because he's my Bubby lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts