Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SO happy that the weather is cooling off a little and that the dogs and I can be more active outdoors. During the peak of summer here in Texas, in many places it is too hot to do anything much during the middle of the day.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm in the same boat as many of you. In fact, I have a pet stroller so that I can get the dogs and their blanket/water bowls to the park without them burning their paws on the side walk. Everyone I know and some that I don't, think I'm insane but when one's dog is only a few inches above the hot pavement, it makes perfect sense to me. lol

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
After a VERY hot and humid summer here and spending last week in Florida (hot and humid), I am so grateful for my 30* mornings haha... I'm also grateful for heated car seats! ;)

By February, I'll be begging for 90* again though...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Been a really hot summer here too, glad its cooling off, finally. We go out in the morning, Samantha takes a sniff of the cool air, and its like a shot of energy for her. So amusing to watch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Our summer has not been that warm, only a few very hot days. Personally, I don't mind it getting colder. But I do mind it getting wetter. More paw cleaning before we can go back inside again :p But hey, at least we get all those beautiful autumn trees, I love that!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, thanking God for the cooler temps. My daughter and I took the boys out to the park last night. Her Yorkie, Munchie, couldn't get over this pot bellied pig that someone had there on a leash. It was the funniest thing ever. He stared at that pig for the longest time.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our summer has not been that warm, only a few very hot days. Personally, I don't mind it getting colder. But I do mind it getting wetter. More paw cleaning before we can go back inside again :p But hey, at least we get all those beautiful autumn trees, I love that!
I have 3 dogs and don't want to clean 12 paws, especially since we go in and out all day long. When we go in the back yard, there is a 4 part system: some of the dirt on the path to the deck is covered with indoor/outdoor carpet, then they play on the deck for a few minutes, and then when they go in we go through the laundry room that has a flat ikea rug, and then through the kitchen that has vinyl, before we get to the hardwood/rugs. So that is 4 non dirt surfaces.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's very smart, Lucille! We have a common entrance though, for many people so I'm not sure they would love that system. But definitely something to keep in mind for when we have a house instead of an appartment. 12 paws is a lot to clean for sure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts