Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently adopted a four-year-old boxer named Reese from her original family. I spent a few weeks getting to know her before she officially came to live with me. She loves me very much and seems to be adjusting well however in the week that she's lived here she's only pooped three times. I read online that stress/change in lifestyle can cause this but couldn't find any solutions. She is eating the same dry food as she did before she moved in. Last time She pooped was on Monday. I'm getting concerned. We go to the dog park every day for an hour or two and that's when she will poop on the rare occasion. I gave her a half a can of no salt added green beans tonight with her food because I thought it may help. Certainly couldn't hurt I don't think. Any advice on how to get her regular again? She drinks plenty and pees w no problem and doesn't chew on her toys or try to eat anything she shouldn't. She had a wellness check up a week before she came to live with me. I'm sure it's not a blockage. She doesn't seem uncomfortable at all, she doesn't even try to go, but I'm concerned. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I used to run a boarding facility and it always took time for the new dogs to get comfortable with the new surrounding and find a comfortable place to go. I would not worry too much if you know there is no blockage. If she has gone that is a good sign. Walking is good they need to movement to encourage them to go.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree with Dawnben. As long as your positive that there isn't a blockage..

I would keep an eye on her and if she starts to look uncomfortable or you aren't sure, I would take her in.

On the rare occasion mine get a blockage or the runnies - I give them a bit of pureed canned pumpkin. They love it and it does work for us!

Just remember NOT to get the pumpkin pie filling, it has to be pure pumpkin (if you decide to try it). ;)

Reactions: ReeseysMom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts