Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the TMI. My golden retriever puppy had had diarrhea since yesterday. It's very smelly, and liquid. It seems so have a mucus covering and some light pink discoloration. All signs point towards parvo but he is vaccinated. We are taking him gl the vet tomorrow first thing but any ideas? I have a picture but not sure if it's too much to post

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Keep him as hydrated as you can.

Personally I would go straight to an emergency vet, sounds pretty severe. Vaccinations work in most not all cases and depend on appropriate storage and timing.

As a minor silver lining I think vaccine producers will reimburse for parvo treatment if it is contracted after appropriate vaccination by a vet. Though I'd check that.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Another possible silver lining, vaccinated dogs that go on to contract Parvo, often will have a lighter more survivable case. Lets hope, but I second not waiting and going to an emergency clinic today.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Liquidly tends to be more parasitic than allergy or food based. Defiantly go to vet but there are a lot more less sever bugs that can cause those symptoms other than just Pavo.

Biggest immediate concern is dehydration with those symptoms.

Pax had the similar symptoms and I called the vet and they said to bring him in right away. Even after blood work they could not pinpoint the bug but pumped him up with an IV of fluids and antibiotics and he was good as new in a day or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts