Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you recommend the traditional solid plastic cones? I need to buy one and see so many choices, eg inflatable (can a dog puncture these?), soft, velcro fastening, etc. Help needed please!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you recommend the traditional solid plastic cones? I need to buy one and see so many choices, eg inflatable (can a dog puncture these?), soft, velcro fastening, etc. Help needed please!
What do you need the cone for?

I used an inflatable collar for my puppy for her spay surgery. It worked super well for her and she could not puncture it or chew on it at all. On the other hand, I know of someone using an inflatable collar and the pup was able to get to the wound and it got badly infected. It needs to be fitted properly and it would depend on where the wound is.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
My dog is currently being treated for a sore on his forepaw, and we're using a soft cone, which attaches to his collar and closes with velcro. It's a little more expensive than a hard plastic cone, but much more comfortable. It extends about an inch past his nose. I would recommend this option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts