Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 days ago I took my 1yr ish rescue Rat Terrier, Ziggy, into a local spay and neuter clinic to get him neutered. After the procedure he was VERY swollen which they didn't act too concerned about and told me to ice him. I did the best I could but he really did not like the ice pack (wrapped I n a cloth) or really anything touching him there.
Well 8 days later now the swelling has definitely gone down substantially. But I have a few concernes. For starters he is still swollen, it looks as though he still has testicles which seems odd. Also, a weird scab formed on the scrotum a couple days after surgery. It took up about half of his scrotum, it wasn't even by the incision, so I'm concerned by that and how and why that happened. Last night it looks like he was able to rip his scab off and now it's all pink and raw. I'm not sure what to do with it. And lastly, his stitches look very weird. Everything I've seen says they are supposed to only be at the shaft but his go up and into his scrotum, about halfway down the seam. Any advice or help?? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has had an e collar since day one. I really don't think it is infected, it would be warm and ***** if it were and it was just scabby. And the scab wasn't even at the incision site. It's really strange

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've only been working as a vet tech a short time...but I don't like the looks of that. Just to be clear this is NOT the penis? it's a big lump where testicles were?
Take him in.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree… though that is the sort of inflammation often resulting from excessive licking… be sure that's not the case or it could get worse the more your dog licks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts