Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Comfortis for their dogs for fleas?

I have used Advantage for years and it does nothing now for fleas! Zip. Nada.

I would appreciate all comments or opinions on Comfortis, both good, bad and danger warnings.

I hate, hate, hate using any chemicals on my dogs but basically all the natural stuff I have tried just isn't cutting it this year.

I thought of trying Comfortis bc one of my dogs is touch sensitive/fearful of topical meds so I have to go through a bunch of counterconditioning to apply it to her. Thinking oral would be simpler. But I am super leery of most all flea meds/toxicity.

Plus....I snuggle with my pups so another reason the topical flea meds are so gross.

Comments, please!!!!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Haven't used comfortis, but have tried both triflexis and nexgard. Our dog had reactions to both of those, the triflexis was the scariest as she literally lost control of her rear legs for a day or so. The nexgard caused loss of appetite and nausea. We really have had fairly good luck with Frontline+ which when applied properly seems to work with no side effects. I too hate the chemicals, but you, like us, live in a pretty active flea area and doing nothing is not an option. All of the 'natural' preventatives that I have tried and everyone else I know that has tried them, is IMO a waste of time, effort and money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts