Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you talking collie collies or any type of collie? We have a border collie mix and he's the most obedient dog I've ever had. He's 15 now and I know his "day" is coming soon which I'm not ready for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a collie collie but I don't geuss it matters, same family I would assume? Mine is really smart as well, he's only 1 but I have a couple training issues such as coming when i call him... he pretends he cant hear me sometimes... and stay, he doesnt stay......

·
Registered
135 Posts
. he pretends he cant hear me sometimes......
My little dogs are like that, too. It's funny, when I think of a collie I, of course, think of Lassie and assume they're all perfect, obedient dogs who alert their owners to little boys who have fallen in wells. LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....and shockingly.... Timmy never actually fell in a well... I read that in one of my dog magazines... he fell down canyons and cliffs, got stuck in cauldrens and mines... but never a well...:)

I think my dog is as smart as Lassie.... He just doesnt want to be a big show off... you know? He wants us to think we are smarter then him, he knows it makes us feel better... I will say though, that he is definitely the most gentle dog around. He plays with kittens and babies so carefully... but little boys... it's no holding back when he plays with little boys.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are talking about a border collie I have 1. He is 5 and very intelligent. I got him when he was 3 from the humane society. When i take him to obedience class he behaves. At home when he gets called he pretends he doesn't hear me unless i have treats. This is a pain because when i don't have treats he doesn't listen very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh....

Surprisingly, not the coat is pretty easy to take care of. get's kinks here and there but not bad... the bad is that he sheds... ALL SUMMER LONG!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts