Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a Foundation Degree student from Merrist Wood College and I am currently researching dog breed popularity in rescue centres. For my research project to be successful I need 100 responses to my questionnaire. I'm hoping the dog lovers on this forum will be able to help me reach this target.

The questionnaire is very quick as it only has 5 questions so if you can spare the time please go to the following link: Dog breed popularity in rehoming centres

Thank you very much for your support.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Hello,

I am a Foundation Degree student from Merrist Wood College and I am currently researching dog breed popularity in rescue centres. For my research project to be successful I need 100 responses to my questionnaire. I'm hoping the dog lovers on this forum will be able to help me reach this target.

The questionnaire is very quick as it only has 5 questions so if you can spare the time please go to the following link: Dog breed popularity in rehoming centres

I did it- good luck! :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hello,

Finished. Hopefully we can help you reach your goal!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I have to say that I was really kind of confused by the wording of the questions. Was this saying what type of dog I would be most likely to give away if I owned it? Or what breeds I see that are most common in shelters and in need of rehoming? Or what breed I would most likely take home?

I think that a really brief survey like this with very limited breed choices is going to give you a rather unreliable, convoluted study. Along with that, "terrier mix" can mean like a scruffy terrier mix or a bully breed mix. You also did not include any hound mixes or toy breeds/lapdogs in the choices. If you can look it up you probably can look up breed popularity stats at some big rescues.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Agree the wording is a little wonky. Would probably word it more "what breed are you more likely to adopt" vs "rehome".

But done.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Are you in England? The wording made sense to me but I follow several UK animal people on Twitter so I've had exposure to the different terminology.

I completed your survey - best of luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
917 Posts
I didn't take the survey because I was unsure about the wording. I would have if I knew what exactly it was asking.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Are you in England? The wording made sense to me but I follow several UK animal people on Twitter so I've had exposure to the different terminology.

I completed your survey - best of luck!
Posted via Mobile Device
I saw Centre in the title and assumed probably UK based

ETA have completely the survey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts