Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
I have a question regarding training.
i have a boston terrier with some aggression issues. I always used a harness on walks, but now my trainer has him on a collar, supposedly better for controlling aggression and honestly I am seeing improvement.
However, my vet said that this particular breed should not wear a collar. She said it's ok for training but can be rather dangerous due to the breeds breathing problems...but my trainer said he cannot work with him without a collar. Is that so? How can that possibly be? I mean, my dog cannot be the only dog on earth with this issue... how can we work around it?
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
As above and also, how does his aggression manifest? Anything like a collar is just a tool so it may help with control but isn't actually resolving what causes his aggression.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think honestly I would be loking for a new trainer. Murphy has anxiety which did mean he would lunge at strange dogs esp black labs but my trainer never suggested changing from a harness to a collar .. We worked through his triggers and his behaviour in a positive way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts