Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aunt offered me some coconut oil capsules, and that would be a really neat and convenient way to give Cosmo his coconut oil for his skin. I'm just not sure if that's ok because I've never even heard of it in capsule form and I don't want to just put some random capsule in Cosmo!

It's natures way (brand) and they're 1000 mg a capsule. It's pure extra virgin cold pressed cpconut oil.

Ideas? I can't find anything online as to a dosage or anything about capsules!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I would just break one open and measure the contents then give what ever amount you have been giving. It sounds like they have just put cold pressed coconut oil in capsules. I love the taste so don't see the point of capsules.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh that sounds like more effort than it's worth when I could just continue giving him the stuff I am. I was just wondering about appropriate doses

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I imagine they're the same; I personally don't love the taste of coconut oil, so if I were to need to consume it I would just take the pill (and I'm sure others are the same, which is why the capsules exist).

My dog looooooves coconut oil, and I think a lot of dogs do, so pills for dogs aren't really necessary. But, depending on how often you give the coconut oil to him they could be useful if you ever went on vacation or an extended camping trip instead of carrying an entire jar of oil with you.

Totally up to you, but I doubt that coconut oil in capsule form is dangerous.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
jess put 300gm on with the extra virgin coconut oil so stopped it. but her belly so dry considering fish oil for her again. not sure how she is with flax

Reactions: cos

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jess put 300gm on with the extra virgin coconut oil so stopped it. but her belly so dry considering fish oil for her again. not sure how she is with flax
I actually wouldn't mind some weight gain with Cosmo, he's in good shape but he's a lot of muscle and that makes up most of his weight. Right now he's right where he should be but being on the taller side of Aussies I'm hoping he will fill out more as he gets older. I'm so excited to celebrate his first birthday in a couple weeks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts