Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with my dog, he is male, age: 7, he has atopic dermatitis on all body. He's an allergic, but we don't know exactly what is the reason, veterinarian said that it can be cause of food, so now my dog eats hypo-allergenic food (Purina). He also has special shampoo and pills. But, hm, it doesn't working, he still has terrible wounds on all body. I know my dog hurts, cos he bites himself and scraping all the time. There's nothing to help him, I can't look at his sad, purulent eyes.
I also have a cat and my mother thinks that my dog's allergy is caused cos of insect bringing with cat.
Should I continued my dog's therapy with hypo-allergenic food? Maybe it'll start working...
And if not, maybe one of You know the way to make my dog's allergy to be not so hurting?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I've got a problem with my dog, he is male, age: 7, he has atopic dermatitis on all body. He's an allergic, but we don't know exactly what is the reason, veterinarian said that it can be cause of food, so now my dog eats hypo-allergenic food (Purina). He also has special shampoo and pills. But, hm, it doesn't working, he still has terrible wounds on all body. I know my dog hurts, cos he bites himself and scraping all the time. There's nothing to help him, I can't look at his sad, purulent eyes.
I also have a cat and my mother thinks that my dog's allergy is caused cos of insect bringing with cat.
Should I continued my dog's therapy with hypo-allergenic food? Maybe it'll start working...
And if not, maybe one of You know the way to make my dog's allergy to be not so hurting?

yes and no. I would stop feeding him anything that purina makes. They don't make a decent food..and thats the nice way of saying it.

Look into premium diets that have little to no grains. If it is a food allergy its likely related to grains.

natural balance, wellness, inova, taste of the wild etc etc...

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, but I've got one more question.
Should I totally eliminate grains from his diet, or just cut it down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some time ago my dog took steroid, I can't say it was anty-hystamine, cos I don't know it, but probably yes. He stopped to bite himself and scraping then. But he needed to eat a lot of food and had urinary incontinence. It was working about 3 mths, and now my dog is in definitely worse condition.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Thank You, but I've got one more question.
Should I totally eliminate grains from his diet, or just cut it down?

I'd at bear minimum make sure he doesn't get corn anymore... look for foods that use rice or potatoes if you can't get grain free.

I'd go grain free but thats just me...keep in mind its a potent diet and the dog may have tummy upset while his body adjusts. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts