Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious how people go about training multiple dogs with a clicker?

I currently just have one dog and I have used a clicker to train her. But in 19 days(!!!!) I am getting a second dog, who I also want to clicker train.

I was playing around trying to clicker train my cats and put my dog in her crate in a different room. She could still hear the clicker and whined like crazy because clicker = treats and she was missing out maybe confused? (she is well crate trained and loves her crate, never whines in it besides this)

So I might be over thinking this lol But...

1. Will it mess up their training to hear the clicker but not be getting any rewards? Like will it lesson the meaning of the clicker to them if they are hearing it when they are not training?

2. Do you separate your dogs during training sessions?

I worry about training them both together because my current dog Trixie gets very hyper and excited during training. Just today while working I was doing touches before we got started on what I wanted to do and she kept rushing to touch before I told her too. I am working on having her wait for the command but it isn't there yet. So I worry she will get in the way of the other dog.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
First of all, congrats on your new dog! I was also worries about this because I'm planning on clicker training my new puppy.

I watched this video, and it provided some pretty good insights on how to train multiple dogs at once!

Multiple Dogs

Reactions: eckokitten
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.