Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have a 2 year old dog. We think it is a cross between a corgi and a Chiquaqua. Anyways there is a clear goopy substance directly on her eyeball. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? Can I treat it with saline solution? Doesnt seem to be something I need to rush her to the vet for. any help is apreciated.

Tim

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Hi there. I have a 2 year old dog. We think it is a cross between a corgi and a Chiquaqua. Anyways there is a clear goopy substance directly on her eyeball. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? Can I treat it with saline solution? Doesnt seem to be something I need to rush her to the vet for. any help is apreciated.

Tim
all my pets get the eye boogers in the corners of their eyes... you know, the dry crusty stuff...anyway, sometimes the eyebooger sort of sticks to the eye ball...that is what your description sounds like to me...i don't think that the saline solution is necessary, but i don't see what it would hurt...

keep in mind, that since i have no medical training and i can't see her, i'm just throwing a thought at you;) maybe give your vet a call and check????

does she seem bothered by it? any rubbing/scratching etc? is the amount of the goop excessive? if you answered yes to any of these, then definitely give your vet a call.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Chihuahua's -and most small light colored dogs seem prone to yucky eye boogers.

As Fawkese said, we can't see it and aren't vets but since it's a small amount and not bothering her likely not a big deal ;)

Just ensure it's sterile saline and should totally be fine to give that a try :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Laylas issue with the eye is gone now. Just kept an eye on it (no pun intented) and it went away on its own. Thanks for the input guys.

Tim

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
That's great news! Thanks for the update. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts