Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 leashes that stink to high heavens. They smell really musky and gross. I have tried everything I can think of to clean them, including throwing then in the washing machine (in a pillow case), and even fa-breezing them. After putting them in the washer I let them hang dry for a few days, but they still stink!

I have even tried hand washing them with dish soap, regular soap and bleach. Nothing had worked.

So what do you guys do to get your dog leashes clean and smelling at least normal? Or should I just throw them out and get a couple new ones?

The leash I have for my dog right now is actually clean and doesn't stink one bit. Same with his collar. Then I have a horse lead rope for him that I haven't used yet. If I throw the 3 stinky ones away, I will probably cut off the hardware then buy a couple new cheap leashes online so I have extras.

I like "collecting" those kind of things, even though I have horses and have about 50 lead ropes for them, my dog needs his own stuff. Lol.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Add baking soda and a cup of white vinegar to the wash or just soak in a bucket with the baking soda and vinegar the wash later. Be careful when you mix the two together the foam up. This should remove the smell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts